IBM SkillsBuild - Enterprise Security in Practice is a Course
IBM SkillsBuild - Enterprise Security in Practice
Full course description
A survey course, exposing the learner to hands-on experience in cybersecurity threats.
Earn IBM's Enterprise Security in Practice badge
This course is only available to people affiliated with Illinois Tech
None, this is a not-for-credit course
Basic IT Literacy skills
- Cyber-protection techniques
- Attack vectors per industry
- Penetration testing tools
- Key cybersecurity roles
- Real-world use cases
- Analyze the motivations behind cyber attacks and their impact on various industries and organizations.
- Evaluate the benefits of a cyber resilience framework in detecting and responding to cybersecurity threats.
- Compare the methods by which cyber criminals gain access to critical assets (DDoS, malware, ransomware, phishing, misconfiguration, SQL injection, watering hole, brute force, and physical access).
- Understand the tools used by penetration testers and ethical hackers (network CLI tools, telnet, SSH, Nmap, Wireshark, and many others).
- Identify the unique security challenges brought by the widespread adoption of technologies (mobile, IoT, applications, and data) in the enterprise race for digital transformation